Thursday, October 24, 2013

You Only Live Twice

The name of my sparkly red nail polish that I use to mark my gear is called You Only Live Twice (hmmmm...). Just a few dots on each piece for identification purposes. Half of you are thinking right now, "She owns nail polish??"
I'm struggling this month with balancing the facets of my life -work, family, Ecuador, and "other".  Almost everything seems to be changing at the same time. Its a feeling I typically experience as the season changes from Summer to Fall, but this year feels so much more pronounced.  The shorter days and colder weather wreak havoc with my intentions. Last pre-trip was colored by some unexpected surgery and my husband getting laid off.  This year, the government shutdown as well as parts of the Affordable Care Act implementation have drastically affected my work hours. Which translates into affecting income.
I'm all but done with acquiring my gear and now am moving on to the next level of training, which is to say, "gear-specific training".
September and October were productive in terms of training...
Generally:
Mondays-Core/Crossfit and Spin
Tuesdays-Core and Incline
Wednesdays-Potluck
Thursdays-Bootcamp and Incline
Fridays-Swim/Volleyball
Weekends-Running/Hiking
November will see the same training, with additional weighted-pack hiking trips, ropes review, boot breaking-in, and of course, YOUTUBE  instruction/review videos (glacier travel, route-finding, self-arrest, etc.)


No comments:

Post a Comment