Sunday, January 19, 2014

Guinea pig for lunch/Centro Historico

Local delicacy called "Cuy". I wasn't opposed to trying it until Jim had to bite through the crunchy skin and the sound kind of grossed me out.
The city tour today included several spots I'd ventured to on my own in the past few days but was cool to hear some stories and have the gaps filled in.
Plaza de San Francisco

Convento del Carmen Alto-Carmelite nuns who still live in seclusion and you can buy things (honey, herbs) through a revolving wooden contraption....was closed :((

La Compania

A man and his son selling cherries


A wedding procession 


Plaza de la Independencia

View from Virgen statue looking North

Virgen statue

Food Vendors

La Ronda, once the red-light district



Government center in La Plaza Grande

A fruit vendor in centro historico

2 comments:

  1. Did you eat the guinea pig. I know I would have lost my lunch by eating it.

    Love,
    Chase

    ReplyDelete