Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Hostal La Llovizna

Bladimir's place on the road to the Illinizas-quirky and cozy:
The girls' bunk room (Thanks to Emma for graciously giving me a bottom bunk!)

The attic above the girls room (unoccupied on this night)

The adjoining boys' bunk room

James in the common area (had wi-fi!)

We had a nice stay at this hostel the night before we started into the Illinizas. At dinner I only ate rice and potatoes but mostly wasn't hungry. I felt slightly dizzy (which marks the beginning of altitude sickness for me) after being at high altitude all day so I started on a half of a tab of Diamox, which by then most of the other people in the group had started taking I think.  I did not have any other symptoms such as shortness of breath or a headache. I chugged a liter of water with the diamox to make sure I was hydrated. Little did I know everyone would go to bed by 8pm and I'd have to get up to use the bathroom 5 times (Diamox has diuretic properties) and trek across the creaky floor through both bunk rooms because of that water! So sorry you guys!!

No comments:

Post a Comment