Sunday, September 15, 2013

Weighted Pack

I adore my backpack.  An Osprey Talon 44 that's fit like a glove since the day I bought it. When I put it on, it truly is like a part of me. Since its only about 2400 cu inches in size, I do need a bigger pack for this trip, one that's about 5000 cu inches.  Staying with the Osprey, I bought an Ariel 75.  Not nuts about the blue color but hoping it will grow on me.  $130 cheaper than the graphite color so I'll definitely make do.  So far I've only been out with my smaller pack but weighted it down with 20 lbs in water bottles. This weekend I hiked for 2 hours. The humidity made the air extremely thick even though it was only in the mid eighties. On the way home, I walked along the creek near our house on the way back.  It was quiet and cool and I could hear the crunch of the rocks under my favorite boots,  a sound I happen to like a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment