Sunday, September 29, 2013

Ice Axe



So its kind of hard to fake surprise when youve ordered your own birthday present, but in any event, it was a cool moment. Before this, I used what Mountain Madness provided. I really like the finish on the Black Diamond Raven and thankfully I ordered the right size. I added the molded protectors for travel and attached a leash. As I read the directions for attaching the leash I thought how funny it was that one minute I'm playing with my ice axe and an hour later I'm chaperoning 4th graders on a field trip. Best of both worlds for sure.
    
I adore the instructions enclosed with gear that have no words accompanying them. I totally think the guy who illustrated this for the company cracked himself up at the final image he drew:

No comments:

Post a Comment